It’s our very first podcast! Today we’re talking about grit.
- Galatians 6:9 – “And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.”
- “Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan Press On! has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.” – Calvin Coolige
- “Example isn’t another way to teach, it is the only way to teach.” – Albert Einstein
- The parable of the persistent widow is found in Luke 18: 1-8.
- For more info on the research mentioned please see http://americanradioworks.publicradio.org/features/tomorrows-college/grit/angela-duckworth-grit.html
- and also http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2011/03/what-is-success-true-grit/
- finally http://www.theexploratory.com/true-grit-can-perseverance-be-taught/
Thanks and please listen again.