Let’s face it – our cities, the nation, yea even the world is pretty messed up. Temptations and distractions abound. Signs of the times are coming to pass. So what’s a good Mormon to do? How do I prepare myself and my family for what is coming? What attitude should I have regarding all the dark things happening in the world?
JP and I discuss the physical, mental and spiritual preparations we can be making that will give us peace in a turbulent society.
And just as a reminder, Christ once said, “These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33)
Also, does anybody like the more detailed show notes I’ve been making recently, or am I just wasting my time?
- The ongoing “JP & B” vs “JP & Bryce” controversy. (0:55)
- Why living in south Davis County is awesome. (2:33)
- “In recent decades the Church has largely been spared the terrible misunderstandings and persecutions experienced by the early Saints. It will not always be so. The world is moving away from the Lord faster and farther than ever before. The adversary has been loosed upon the earth. We watch, hear, read, study, and share the words of prophets to be forewarned and protected. For example, “The Family: A Proclamation to the World” was given long before we experienced the challenges now facing the family. ‘The Living Christ: The Testimony of the Apostles’ was prepared in advance of when we will need it most.” Elder Hales, General Conference: Strengthening Faith and Testimony (3:04)
- “And all things shall be in commotion; and surely, men’s hearts shall fail them; for fear shall come upon all people.” Doctrine and Covenants 88:91 (4:11)
- What happens when JP goes on vacation. (4:25)
- Bryce’s initial thoughts on how to prepare for perilous times. (6:05)
- We’re supposed to be positive (8:35)
- “These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.” John 16:33 (9:55)
- JP Mentions a podcast of ours that I can’t find – any help? (11:50)
- Is the condition of society and our personal happiness linked? (15:30)
- Unplugging can be a good thing (16:03)
- Bryce puts his foot in his mouth (18:18)
- Becoming paralyzed by fear (19:44)
- Again, we should be positive (21:00)
- After JP says, “If we can’t be positive, we will be overcome.” I wish I could change what I said. I thought about it, and here’s what I should have said instead of my stupid ‘depressed’ comment. “While that is true, I worry about phrasing it that way. Focusing on the negative consequences of negative attitudes can help spawn even more negative thoughts. Especially if one is already paralyzed by fear.” I’m sorry if I came off as insensitive. – Bryce (22:00)
- JP mentions a podcast with Sherry Dew and President and Sister Bednar. (22:55)
- Let’s not take council from our fears (24:12)