I’m not sure that self-control is the best name for this episode, but it’s the best short name we could think of.
We’ve been sitting on over a month’s worth of episodes. Once again, I’m so sorry for the delay. I’ve wanted to listen and make show notes for all of them.
- What it means to be a man [1:22]
- Taking Notes [4:15]
- JP likes Meg Meeker’s book Boys Should be Boys [4:45]
- A Parents Guide [5:45] “Chastity is the crown of beautiful womanhood, and self-control is the source of true manhood, if you will know it, not indulgence.”(emphasis mine)
- Games that boys (should?) play [9:00]
- Differing Definitions of “Power” and “Strength” [9:55]
- Manly Uses of Strength [13:30]
- Anti-Nephi Lehies [14:30]
- You’re not a man unless you have self-control [18:15]
- Should a man embrace/make excuses for his weaknesses? See Mosiah 3:19 [20:30]
- Christs’s example of self control [23:00]
- The real life effects of self control [25:00]
- Is feeling anger a sin? [26:30]
- When a boy/man runs out of steam, what does he do next? [27:45]
- The cake analogy still bothers JP [29:00]
- How can we teach self control to our kids? [30:35]
- Doctrine and Covenants 121 [33:30]
- Alma 31:5 [35:13]
- The power of manhood [38:13]
- JP changed his “What is a man?” list. We’ve discussed this many times (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3) [38:38] We should get JP to post the text of his new “man”ifesto.
- Wrap-Up [42:00]